Exploring the market of reusable fabric shopping bags
M-Vector has implemented a study "Exploring the market of reusable fabric shopping bags" within the framework of a project called "Promoting employment for women in rural areas."
The project was initiated by the NGO "Foundation for the Development of Entrepreneurship among Women" together with the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ).
The project involved 110 women from the villages of Zhany-Zher and Belovodskoye, who do not have a permanent source of income. The participants were trained in the production of fabric shopping bags.
- Determine the buyer’s portrait of reusable fabric shopping bags;
- Determine perceptions, trends, and prospects for the demand development for reusable fabric shopping bags;
- Determine the level of loyalty to reusable fabric shopping bags among the visitors of the Frunze hypermarket;
- Determine the satisfaction of users with the reusable fabric shopping bags;
- Determine the optimal cost of reusable fabric shopping bags (according to buyers);
- Determine the competitive positions of the product.
Data collection method: Personal interview (face-to-face) on tablets (TAPI)
Sample: 408 interviews (Bishkek - 300 interviews, Osh - 108 interviews)
Target audience: Buyers of the Frunze hypermarket (men and women), ages 18 to 64 years old (gender and age quotas are representative of the population).
The results of the study contributed to creation of a potential buyer’s portrait of reusable fabric shopping bags, as well as determination of the perception and prospects for the demand development for reusable fabric shopping bags.
More information about the initiative is on the website of the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) - http://www.giz-employment.kg/ru/news/170-Ctartoval-proiekt-po-poddierzhkie-zhienshchin-zhivushchikh-v-siel-skoi- miestnosti /